1. The font is Baskerville Old Face, and is in a very large font. The color is black, and is place behind Lady Gaga's head. I think it looks nice, and makes her stand out.
2. There are 4 top stories. I think the font that they use might be Tahoma. The colors are black and pink. They use pink on the stories they obviously want you to read more. They text size also varies, but all of the top stories text are bigger than the sub stories. The biggest one is the page number for "spring fashion" they probably want you to go to that page the most because they're showing off clothes that they're selling. The placement is layered over Lady gaga, but not completely covering her. I think they did this because if they tried to keep the text from overlapping it would have been too small.
3.There are 3 sub stories. The font is all black, and the size is the same for all. It is probably Tahoma too. They are placed right under a top story.
Barbie Project By Jessica Nastasi Period 4, Computer Art class
For my Barbie project I did Chris Hemsworth as Johnny Bravo, Ariana Grande as Jessica Rabbit, and Honey Boo Boo as Pinocchio. To make them look this way I used the liquify tool in photo shop. I also used hue/saturation, and color balance for the Honey Boo Boo one. That one is probably my favorite, because I think I did the best job on it, and it's funny in a creepy way.
Eye Color Change and Touching up By Jessica Nastasi Period 4, Computer Art class
I retouched this picture by cleaning up her skin, and changing the shade of her eye color. I used the patch tool, and spot healing brush for the skin. Then I put a Gaussian blur on it to make it look smoother. For the eyes I used edit in quick mask mode to select them. Then I changed the color with color balance and hue/saturation to change the color.
Before we started this unit I knew a lot of retouching was done to photos in magazines. I understand why the retouch photos in magazines, but I don't think all of the reasons are good. I get that in an advertisement the people who made it wouldn't want distracting features on there models, like stray hairs, or bad skin, to distract from the product. I don't really mind when they do stuff like that, but I do have a problem with them messing with the models body and making them look super skinny. I think it promotes the idea that beauty only comes in one size, and that's completely wrong. I'm not sure I will be able to notice and pick out every thing that's been retouched on a photo, but I'm sure I'll be able to notice big things like the skin.
Walk Cycle By Jessica Nastasi Period 4, Computer Art class
So this was my animation for the walk cycle. As you can see I didn't do all to well. It ended up looking like it was walking backwards, it's actually kinda funny. The way I made it was I drew the character and repositioned its limbs in each panel. I guess I didn't pose it correctly and that's how it ended up that way.
Newimals By Jessica Nastasi Period 4, Computer Art class
For my newimals project I mixed a lion and a squirrel, and an elephant with an antelope. The elaphant was alot easier. All I had to do was pick the place the horns would go, cut one of the horns so it looks like it's behind the trunk, fix the color of them so they match the lighting in the photo, and I darkened the skin around it's horns a little. With the lion I did pretty much the same thing, but I also had to cut out the lions orignal tail. That left an empty space in the background so I had to use the clone tool to fix it back up.
For my what's the point project I drew cats playing with a laser pointer. I based the two cats off of my own. Although i exaggerated some details about them, like my cats tail on the left. I also exaggerated the light that comes out of the laser. The laser is how i added contrast in the photo. I really like when other artist create something in gray scale, but then have one item that's in color. That idea may be a little overused, but I still think it's a cool way of adding contrast. I don't think it turned out as good as it could have, but it was my first time doing that sort of thing so I'm sure I'll get better. I also had never done that squiggly style of shading I did with the background. It was pretty frustrating. I had to redo it a couple of times, and the outcome still wasn't as good as I thought it would be. But I as I said before I'm sure I'll get better as time progresses. I'm really looking forward to the next project, and hope I do a lot better.
X-Ray By Jessica Nastasi Period 4, Computer Art class
For the X-ray project I based it off of a character, named Lord English, from a web comic I like. Lord English is pretty much a giant green skeleton-like thing, with pool balls in his eyes. The way I made this is I first took a picture of me holding the frame, and then the skeleton in a similar position. I couldn't get it just right so I had to put to skeletons togetherwhich lead to a few problems.Then I used exclusion to make it look like and x-ray. I messed around with color balance to make it green. I also had to use brightness/contras, and hue/saturation to get the two pieces of skeleton to match.
Tied Dyed Red Panda By Jessica Nastasi Period 4, Computer Art class
The way I edited this photo was I took a picture of a red panda and put a tie dye pattern on top. I used warp to move around the pattern. Then I had to erase away the areas I didn't want the pattern. I changed the layer to multiply, instead of normal. Then I used gaussian blur to make the pattern look more natural. After that I decided I didn't like the color of the pattern so I changed it in color balance. And that's how I made it.