Sunday, May 31, 2015

Teens Inspired


For my teens inspired project I came up with the idea of sculpting women in unflattering poses. I noticed that when I went to the museum that women were a popular subject matter for sculptures. All of their poses were very poised and graceful. You obviously would never see someone positioned like that in real life. I thought it would be fun to sculpt women more relaxed, like they're the classical sculptures but they're on break. It was also influenced a little by Degas because he would paint ballerinas unposed, and I just thought they ended up really pretty anyway. The clay dried to fast so I didn't get them as smooth and detailed as I would have liked. They also didn't end up getting fired because the kiln got messed up, but it was fun to do them anyway. Sculpting is really hard, so props to anyone who can do it well.

I also did a few sketches and paintings of classical sculptures.






No comments:

Post a Comment