Friday, September 20, 2013



Eye Color Change and Touching up
By Jessica Nastasi
Period 4, Computer Art class

I retouched this picture by cleaning up her skin, and changing the shade of her eye color. I used the patch tool, and spot healing brush for the skin. Then I put a Gaussian blur on it to make it look smoother. For the eyes I used edit in quick mask mode to select them. Then I changed the color with color balance and hue/saturation to change the color.

Before we started this unit I knew a lot of retouching was done to photos in magazines. I understand why the retouch photos in magazines, but I don't think all of the reasons are good. I get that in an advertisement the people who made it wouldn't want distracting features on there models, like stray hairs, or bad skin, to distract from the product. I don't really mind when they do stuff like that, but I do have a problem with them messing with the models body and making them look super skinny. I think it promotes the idea that beauty only comes in one size, and that's completely wrong. I'm not sure I will be able to notice and pick out every thing that's been retouched on a photo, but I'm sure I'll be able to notice big things like the skin.


No comments:

Post a Comment