Tuesday, September 10, 2013

What's the point?

What's the point?
By Jessica Nastasi
Period 2, Art 2
For my what's the point project I drew cats playing with a laser pointer. I based the two cats off of my own. Although i exaggerated some details about them, like my cats tail on the left. I also exaggerated the light that comes out of the laser. The laser is how i added contrast in the photo. I really like when other artist create something in gray scale, but then have one item that's in color. That idea may be a little overused, but I still think it's a cool way of adding contrast. I don't think it turned out as good as it could have, but it was my first time doing that sort of thing so I'm sure I'll get better. I also had never done that squiggly style of shading I did with the background. It was pretty frustrating. I had to redo it a couple of times, and the outcome still wasn't as good as I thought it would be. But I as I said before I'm sure I'll get better as time progresses. I'm really looking forward to the next project, and hope I do a lot better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment