Monday, March 2, 2015

Still Life

Still Life

For my still life I used white and black charcoal on colored paper because I had fun doing it the first time and wanted to try it again. I choose this angle because there were a lot of interesting things visible like the skull, and the plant. There was also a variety of heights which made for a good composition. 
There were so many different objects, and they were made out of so many different materials. It was really fun and interesting to figure out ways to shade each one. The most fun thing was the fabric, closely followed by the glass. Glass seemed like it would be really tough, but it was actually much easier to shade after I got use to it. I'm obviously no expert yet, but I think this assignment helped me improve a lot on drawing glass and that's something I've always wanted to be good at. 
I think the hardest thing to do was the plant, which I wasn't expecting. By the time I was at that side of the paper I was burnt out of energy. I got a little sloppy and when I came back in the next day with more energy it seemed like I had messed up too much to fix it. I kept trying to make it look better, but I still think it looks weird. It definitely weakens the piece overall, but it doesn't completely ruin it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment