Sunday, April 19, 2015

Perspective Project


Perspective Project

My perspective project is supposed to be a giant person lying down in a city. Or maybe they're a normal sized person lying down in a really tiny city. I guess it's just up to the viewer. 
I came up with this idea because I've wanted to improve on drawing buildings for a really long time now. The idea of drawing buildings is really intimidating to me though, so I decided to add in the aspect of people, or a person, because that's what I draw best. 
I think it's a decent piece considering my lack of experience in drawing buildings, but at the same time I think a lot of it looks really weak. The buildings are all too blockish, and don't have enough variation between them besides height. The building right behind the first foot is a mess. I did a really bad job with the windows. I think if I had kept them all the same shape it might've been better, but those square windows make it look hideous and I was honestly being so lazy, and I'm kind of embarrassed I did something like that. I think overall I could have put a lot more detail and thought into the buildings. 
My strongest part should've been the feet, but both of them are a little odd looking. The one in the front isn't that bad, but I just feel like the foot doesn't go perfectly with the leg. The one in the back looks so weird. I think they both could've looked a lot better if I had found better references. 
I think what redeemed all of those bad things was the composition. I usually don't have a good eye for compositions, but I think I did a really good job on this one. I like how it's really busy on the left and more relaxed on the right. I think one thing that would've made it better though is if I had added more things around the city like cars, or signs, or maybe even little people. I think next time I do a piece that's based off of my imagination I need to make more detailed plans in advance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment